2023 Market Season – Apply now!
Info Booth Helper
Employee needs to be at the Market site at 9:00 am to set-up and must stay until the Market is completely cleaned up and closed-down, no later than 2:00 pm. Employee needs to be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Job begins on the last Saturday in June and continues every Saturday through the last Saturday in September. Salary is paid cash weekly $50.
Summary of Tasks:
Info Booth Helper is responsible for the following:
● Helping Manage the Farmers’ Market Info Booth:
o Selling merchandise and providing information about the Market and local food/agriculture (including volunteer opportunities and vendor information)
o Helping with the EBT/DUFB program (redeeming points with wireless terminal, collecting
tokens from vendors, taking responsibility for a sizeable cash bank balance, and balancing the bank at the close of each market)
o Filling out Daily Accounting sheet to be given to Business Manager at the end of each market
● Coordinating and overseeing volunteers as needed
● Fielding questions from the public
● Collecting all completed applications from new vendors and delivering to Business Manager
● Answering questions and dealing with vendor problems, relaying all concerns to Site Manager
After the Market:
● Packing all Info Booth equipment and supplies into appropriate boxes then into trailer and assisting Site Manager with overall market clean up/pack up
● Checking Plaza for garbage, etc.
● Picking up signs and banners
If the Info Booth Helper is unable to fulfill his/her duties for a particular Saturday, they are responsible for finding their own replacement so that the duties of this job are covered.
To APPLY send your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are ALWAYS looking for Volunteers:
Interested in becoming a part of the local food culture? Volunteer! The best way to meet local farmers and artisans is to help them and market organizers on Saturday mornings!
We have volunteer positions:
- Help with market organization
- Help set-up and breakdown of market area
- Help farmers in their booths
- Help at our info booth
- Help shoppers around the market
Subject: I want to Volunteer!
- why you love the Taos Farmers Market?
- what is your availability this summer?
- are you physically capable of lifting 50 lbs? (we will not discriminate based on this question but we will assign jobs accordingly, there are volunteer positions for people of all abilities!)
- your contact info