2018 Market Season
Current Job Openings at Taos Farmers Market:
ASSISTANT RETAIL MANAGER
Applicant must be able to lift at least 25lbs. Warm, welcoming presence. Able to handle a high volume of customers at once. Must be able to multi-task and answer questions. Must have experience in retail setting.
3 months (Every Saturday – 8:00 am-1:00 pm: July 7, 2018 – September 29, 2018) Must be able and willing to work all 3 months.
Paid $48 in cash weekly, 5 hours each Saturday
Summary of Tasks
Assistant Retail Manager is responsible for the following:
- Coordination with Site Manager & Retail Manager
- Communicating issues with Site Manager & Retail Manager when needed
- Helping market attendees with any purchases they may want to make of TFM merchandise
- Keeping track of daily sales on Square POS system
- Helping market attendees with EBT/SNAP benefits to transfer their electronic funds into wooden and silver tokens to shop with at market
- Helping Retail Manager stamp WIC checks & accept tokens from vendors
- Keeping the TFM merchandise displayed in an attractive way through each market day
- Answering questions from market attendees when asked
- Helping vendors with set-up and break-down of their booths if needed
- Helping vendors run their booth if needed
- Running errands when needed
- Keeping inventory of merchandise: T-shirts, aprons, caps, baskets, etc. and alerting Retail Manager when supplies need to be reordered
If you are interested please email us at email@example.com
We are also ALWAYS looking for Volunteers:
Interested in becoming a part of the local food culture? Volunteer! The best way to meet local farmers and artisans is to help them and market organizers on Saturday mornings!
We have volunteer positions:
- Help with market organization
- Help set-up and breakdown of market area
- Help farmers in their booths
- Help at our info booth
- Help shoppers around the market
Subject: I want to Volunteer!
- why you love the Taos Farmers Market?
- what is your availability this summer?
- are you physically capable of lifting 50 lbs? (we will not discriminate based on this question but we will assign jobs accordingly, there are volunteer positions for people of all abilities!)
- your contact info