2021 Market Season
Employee needs to be at the Market site at 7:00 am to set-up and must stay until the Market is completely cleaned up and closed-down, no later than 2:00 pm. Employee needs to be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Job begins on the third Saturday in May and continues every Saturday through the third Saturday in November for a total of 28 regular markets. Salary is paid semi-monthly during the season. Salary is $12 per hour, not to exceed 10 hours per week, for the season (28 markets).
Summary of Tasks:
Retail Manager is responsible for the following:
Info Booth Set-up:
● Unloading and setting up all Info Booth items needed for each market day
● Pop up tent, tables, table cloth, merchandise, till, EBT machine and tokens, flyers, signs, etc…
● Assisting vendors and Site Manager as needed
● Managing the Farmers’ Market Booth:
o Selling merchandise and providing information about the Market and local food/agriculture (including volunteer opportunities and vendor information)
o Managing the EBT/DUFB program (redeeming points with wireless terminal, collecting
tokens from vendors, taking responsibility for a sizeable cash bank balance, and balancing the bank at the close of each market)
o Filling out Daily Accounting sheet to be given to Business Manager at the end of each market
o Making sure all EBT/DUFB & WIC information is compiled and delivered to the Business Manager for filing reports to the proper agencies
● Coordinating and overseeing volunteers as needed
● Assisting Assistant Retail Manager as needed and when able
● Assisting Site Manager with the enforcement of all Market rules and regulations
● Fielding questions from the public
● Collecting all completed applications from new vendors and delivering to Business Manager
● Helping with the registering of farmers with WIC contracts, delivering this information to Business Manager
● Answering questions and dealing with vendor problems, relaying all concerns to Site Manager
After the Market:
● Packing all Info Booth equipment and supplies into appropriate boxes then into trailer and assisting Site Manager with overall market clean up/pack up
● Checking Plaza for garbage, etc.
● Picking up signs and banners
● Maintaining adequate copies of all necessary forms for the upcoming market, communicating to Business Manager when more forms need to be printed out:
o Daily Accounting forms
o WIC applications
o Copies of Rules and Regulations
o Farmer/Grower Vendor applications
o EBT Token Exchange Slips
o Flyers, etc.
If the Retail Manager is unable to fulfill his/her duties for a particular Saturday during the Season, they are responsible for finding their own replacement so that the duties of this job are covered.
To APPLY send your resume/cover letter to email@example.com
We are ALWAYS looking for Volunteers:
Interested in becoming a part of the local food culture? Volunteer! The best way to meet local farmers and artisans is to help them and market organizers on Saturday mornings!
We have volunteer positions:
- Help with market organization
- Help set-up and breakdown of market area
- Help farmers in their booths
- Help at our info booth
- Help shoppers around the market
Subject: I want to Volunteer!
- why you love the Taos Farmers Market?
- what is your availability this summer?
- are you physically capable of lifting 50 lbs? (we will not discriminate based on this question but we will assign jobs accordingly, there are volunteer positions for people of all abilities!)
- your contact info