Vendors interested in 2020 season: Applications are NOW available for download at the bottom of this page!
Non-Farmer Vendor applications will be due by 4/1/2020
SPRING VENDOR MEETING 1-2pm on SATURDAY 4/18 at 1pm at TAOS LIBRARY CONFERENCE ROOM – for APPROVED VENDORS ONLY
Please read through the following, familiarize yourself with the market regulations, and complete an application. If you have additional questions that are not answered below, contact us at: email@example.com
We welcome Farmers/Ranchers from the following Northern New Mexico counties: Taos, Colfax, Mora, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Sandoval, Los Alamos, Rio Arriba and Costilla County, Colorado.
All applications require pre-approval before your arrival at market.
If you intend bringing fresh produce directly from your farm, the application process to sell at market is very straightforward, download Farmers Application at bottom of this page. Farmer/Rancher Vendors are welcome to apply at least one week prior to attending market for the first time this season.
- Download and familiarize yourself with our Rules & Regulations as all vendors are required to abide by the market regulations. All applicants are required to read and sign in agreement of the 2020 Vendor Agreement which contains all of TFM’s rules & regulations and turn a copy into us to participate in the market.
- Download the appropriate application form from below by first asking yourself:
are you a Farmer/Rancher? You plan to sell only raw food/meat that you grow.
OR are you a Non-Farmer such as a Baker? or a Prepared Food Producer? or a Value-Added Producer?
- If you are applying as a Non-Farmer Vendor, such as Baker, Prepared Food or Value Added space your application is due April 1st 2020. Please note that these are juried items and need to comply to specific guidelines and only a small number are selected from these categories every year. Approval process will be on an as-needed/local basis. These categories fill up well before beginning of season!!! Please wait for application approval by April 12, 2020 – we will contact you by phone or e-mail.
The NM Environment Department asks vendors who intend to serve/sell prepared foods at the Taos Farmers’ Market to submit their applications for temporary food service permit applications to the:
Taos NMED Field Office
145 Roy Road, Taos, NM 87571
575-758-8808 – call them if you have questions about Temporary Food Service Permits.
- If approval has been granted, arrive at market at 7am Saturday morning and plan to stay until the market closes at 12:30pm. There is no driving in or out of the market allowed while we are open for business–between 8am and 12:30pm. First Market of season: May 16, 2020 market will continue every week until October 31, 2020. There may be 3 optional November market Saturdays also…
- Bring your own table & chairs, umbrella or tent with appropriate weights for each leg of tent. Everything you need to run your booth you are responsible for bringing including change. Each vendor is allotted a 12’x12′ space. When you arrive at the Plaza our Site Manager, Cameron, will assign you an available spot.
-TFM Info Booth has items for Vendors to purchase: Boxes of biodegradable produce bags ($20/box), TFM logo-ed 3-pocket Vendor Aprons ($20).
-TFM sells reusable canvas and insulated shopping bags ($20-$25) and specialty woven bags and ghana baskets ($25-$30) for customers to purchase.
Here is what you need to know:
- ALL VENDORS must reapply every year
- 2020 Vendor Applications & updated Rules & Regulations will be MAILED by post to your mailing address on March 1, 2020. If you have a new mailing address, send it to us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return your completed 2020 Vendor Application & signed 2020 Vendor Agreement (last page) to us
by scanned copy to: email@example.com
by mail to: PO BOX 3114 Taos, NM 87571
- Non-Farmer applications are due by April 1, 2020!
All applicants are required to read and sign in agreement of the 2020 Vendor Agreemet and turn a copy into us to participate in the market.
WIC Information: The Taos Farmers Market WIC Number: 29144
VENDOR APPLICATIONS & RULES/REGS DOWNLOAD
2020 Vendor Agreement (ALL vendors must read and sign and return a copy of the signed page – pg 7 – to us with your application)
CURRENT MARKET MANAGERS
Jennifer Helsel, Business Manager