Our Current Public Health/Safety Initiatives:
We would like to provide our customers and community with an update on the Taos Farmers Market changes put in place that provide a safer and healthier environment to shop during this time of heightened anxiety. We want you to know that we take the safety and health of our customers and vendors very seriously.
Farmers’ markets are now formally deemed as an “essential business” by the state govt so they are not considered gatherings. There is no per-person limit, also since we operate in a totally outside setting we will allow shoppers to use their own common sense when it comes to being around others.
Our farmers are working hard every day to provide our community with the freshest food available in Taos. Our farmers market is safer than shopping in a conventional grocery store so please remember that fact and let it allow you to feel safe and confident while shopping. Our farmers provide the freshest most nutrient rich foods with shortest distribution line (literally from the farmer’s hands to you!). Again we operate completely outside and with our strong mountain sunshine we are so blessed to live in such a safe and healthy environment.
Here is a list of modifications to our market we have in place:
- To protect others, stay home if you are sick. Vendors may not come to market if ill.
- If you are uncomfortable being around others wear whatever protective gear you see fit.
- We will have 4 hand-washing stations located around the Plaza for public and vendor use.
- There will be no sampling during this time.
- No customer handling of products. Customers should not touch anything on the Vendor’s table, the Vendor will be the only person touching your food until you bring it home and wash it as you should always do with fresh produce.
- No reusable produce bags for the vendor to fill at this time, but personal shopping bags are encouraged.
- Do not place your personal shopping bags on vendors tables.
- All vendors must have hand sanitizer for their personal use, the market has provided every vendor a bottle of locally crafted hand sanitizer for this very purpose.
- The prepared food vendors will sell to-go items only.
- Our Info Booth merch sales are closed at this time.
- All Vendor Booths are spaced out 8 to 10 feet apart for ample room for vendors and shoppers.
We serve the farmers who rely on direct market sales for their livelihood, providing the community with the freshest, healthiest food available, while considering the safety and health of everyone involved. The short supply chain of local food is now more important now than ever and we will continue to strive to bring those products in the safest and most effective way possible. We have also added an extra half hour to market for the whole season, our new hours for 2020 are 8am-1pm.