This season we are committed to getting out a Monthly Newsletter to let you know what we have going on each month. We decided to make it a monthly newsletter so that we aren’t clogging up your inbox! You can expect general news about the market and always a recipe from the incredible Karen Todd: who is not only an incredible Chef/Baker (as I’m sure you are aware) but also the Treasurer of our Board of Directors. Right now we are looking for volunteers to help out Saturday afternoons with breakdown, helping market organizers, farmers, and other vendors so we can leave the Plaza in an orderly fashion to keep our neighbor-shopkeepers happy! From 12-1:30 we could use help from some able bodied community members, if you or anyone you know may be interested please contact us at: email@example.com
See our June Newsletter here: June Newsletter TFM
Interested in becoming a part of the local food culture? Volunteer! The best way to meet local farmers and artisans is to help them and market organizers on Saturday mornings!
We have volunteer positions:
- Help with market organization
- Help set-up and breakdown of market area
- Help farmers in their booths
- Help at our info booth
- Help shoppers around the market
Subject: I want to Volunteer!
- why you love the Taos Farmers Market?
- what is your availability this summer?
- are you physically capable of lifting 50 lbs? (we will not discriminate based on this question but we will assign jobs accordingly, there are volunteer positions for people of all abilities!)
- your contact info
THANK YOU!!! It takes a community to make the market a success, with your help we can do even more for each other!
The city is buzzing with anticipation for Opening Day – we can’t even count how many times we’ve been asked when the market opens….
see you all at the plaza!
8:00am-12:30pm and don’t forget your shopping bags
Farmers & Vendors,
The Spring Vendor Meeting is THIS Saturday April 15th at 1pm at the Taos Library: 402 Camino de la Placita – we will be in one of the conference rooms.
At this meeting:
- Meet the TFM board and the new market employees
- Get all the important information regarding the 2017 season
- Fill out all important documents if you choose to accept EBT, Double Up Food Bucks, WIC & Seniors Checks…
- If you haven’t already, you can pay your booth fee (half due 4/15) and reserve a permanent spot for the season
- Have a chat with your fellow vendors who you’ve missed all winter!
If you have not already turned in your 2017 Farmers Application please be prepared to at this meeting, we are always accepting local farmers!
We are also still accepting applications for Prepared-Food vendors or Value-Added vendors (no bakers), as we have a few spots to fill. Also if you turned in your application but forgot to include your signed Rules & Regulations page: this must be turned in if you plan on vending this season.
On behalf of the TFM board and employees, we look forward to meeting all of you, if we haven’t already, this Saturday 4/15 at 1pm at the Taos Library.
Vendors who would like to be considered for our 2017 season can now find 2017 Vendor Applications online. Click on the ‘Vendors’ tab in the above menu, scroll to the bottom for links to our applications. Please fill out the correct application: Farmer/Rancher OR Non-Farmer – and ALL vendors must sign the 2017 Rules & Regulations.
Building a new website! Thank you for your patience!